Seating an impressive 20,617 spectators, EDEN ARÉNA is the most modern and largest sport venue in the Czech Republic. All seats are covered, ensuring a great experience even during extremly bad weather. EDEN ARÉNA was bulit in 2008 and is home venue to football club Slavia.
- First league match: May 17th, 2008
- Start of construction: 2006
- VIP facilities: 45 VIP Boxes, 322 GOLD VIP seats, 298 SILVER VIP seats, 162 seats in the Boardroom.
- Refreshments: in the EDEN ARÉNA’S public areas there are 14 various fast-food stalls. They provide hot and cold food, as well as non-alcoholic drinks and beer.
- Merchandise: 1 sales point – the Fan Shop
- Playing surface: natural grass
- Lighting: the pitch is lit by 180 LED floodlights with surface light intensity of at least 1,700 lux
- Giant screens: 2 in the stadium (southeast and northwest corners)
The EDEN ARÉNA was built on the site of the old stadium after two years of construction in 2006–2008 and was officially opened with a match between SK Slavia Praha and Oxford University on 7 May 2008. Did you know that the current playing area stands in exactly the same place as in the previous stadium?
Since the EDEN ARÉNA opened countless football matches have been played here, both matches in the country’s highest league and international matches, as well as American football, rugby and lacrosse matches. It has also become a popular venue for musicians and such famous artists as Metallica, Iron Maiden, R.E.M., Depeche Mode, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Pink, Bruce Springsteen, and Jon Bon Jovi have performed here.
As well as the pitch area the multifunctional EDEN ARÉNA also offers facilities inside the stadium which makes it a unique and modern space. Here you will find a hotel, restaurant, conference and office premises, a bank, a fast-food chain and underground parking.
Please allow us to boast about a few numbers and some technical information: the EDEN ARÉNA is built over an area of approximately 22,000 m². Its roof reaches to a height of 22 metres above street level. The structure anchored to concrete piles mainly consists of concrete prefabricated elements and monoliths. The steel roof which protects spectators from unfavourable weather is embedded in such a way that the views from the stand are not restricted by any columns.